Sunday, July 8, 2012

Today the main store opens- well- not sure what's going to happen there as the groups are rather dormant- but hey ho- it's beautiful- and it has to go live!
So another busy day for me- but for now I am taking my time to sit down and relax- and as my mind drifts I smirk. I am really amused. As Slowly put it- I have succumbed to the hype and started reading "Fifty Shades Of Grey"- and hey- I like it- you just want to read on and know what's gonna hapen next.
What amuses me is the reaction I watch in RL- at the office e.g. - and I am wondering- or rather no- I am pretty sure: next thing to happen is that lots and lots of girls will be on their knees- waiting to be dominated- preferably by Mr Grey (Forget it- there ain't many of this kind- and the ones that are there want a model or a Hollywood Star or something along the lines).
Now- there is the possibility that this awakens some sort of positive interest in the D/s subject- or- and that's more likely- an increased appetite for kinky sex- which is ok too but this means at the same time a great time for all these "wannabe Doms"- and unfortunately there are loads out there- actually- the majority.
I do like this book and the author obviously knows the subject very well- either from own experience or- very thorough research. My feeling is more that she has experienced a bit- not sure though- and my interpretation of her writing is that she is talking about the responsible D/s relationship.
Well- I am looking forward to read on- and keep watching people- but can I have your opinion?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ayla - haven't read her book, but o believe we all go pretty different ways in D/s and also think it's good so. Love, Mike ...and tks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished the series last week - I enjoyed the storyline, or at least most aspects of it - the one thing that bugged me was that everyone who was "lifestyle" had some type of mental illness/trauma. Take Grey - abusive/neglectful mother, left abandoned with her dead body at age 4 and he was also abused by her pimp to a point of not liking to be touched. His first Mistress seduced him when he was 15 - has stalkerish behavior, etc. His one former sub pulls a gun on his current girlfriend, etc. See what I mean? In that sense it puts bdsm in a bad light.

    I lived in the rl bdsm world for quite a while - and yeah, there were no Mr. Grey's around as doms. I can honestly say that out of the hundreds of dominant men I met through the years rl (I hosted parties at my home for a large play group in a major city), maybe 4 of them were not wannabes.

    ReplyDelete